Bake your own Tree!
Stained Glass Christmas Tree and Star Biscuits
These novelty Christmas biscuits shaped like a Christmas Tree and Stars, are fun to make together with children and great to eat!
The crushed sweets harden to make a window in the centre of these edible biscuits and they also look great hanging on your Real Christmas Tree.
- 350g/ 12oz Plain Flour
- 175g/ 6oz Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- Coloured Fruit Flavoured Boiled Sweets
- Selection of Christmas Biscuit Cutters
- Preheat Oven to 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and salt in a bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs and then stir in the sugar.
- Beat together the egg and golden syrup and mix into the flour mixture to make a smooth dough. Knead the dough lightly with your hands.
- Crush the boiled sweets using a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle flour on to a clean work surface and roll out the dough until about ½cm/ ¼inch thick.
- Take your Christmas Tree and Star shaped cutters and cut out a selection of shapes, and then transfer to a lined baking sheet.
- Cut out shapes in the centre of each biscuit, making sure you leave a good edge all the way around the biscuit.
- Take the crushed sweets and fill the hole in the centre of each biscuit.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden.